In the following we would like to provide you with all the necessary information for your visa application.
download the pdf version
If you are not sure whether you need a visa for Germany, please check here: https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/einreiseundaufenthalt/visabestimmungen-node
If you need a visa, please make sure to submit your visa application as soon as possible:Embassies or consulates of Germany usually require up to ten working days to decide on an application for a short stay visa, but during peak travel seasons there may be a waiting period for making an application to a German mission.
If you should have any delays or problems with your application or receiving the visa, please contact the conference management via: OFAJ-DFJW-YouthForPeace@labconcepts.de
Costs for Visa will be reimbursed by the organizers (30,00 – 60,00 Euros, upon presentation of the receipt).
As a rule, applicants must submit visa applications, together with all necessary documents, in person at the German mission responsible for their place of residence.
Please consider the complete list of countries and Embassies, where you can submit your visa application: https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/aussenpolitik/laenderinformationen
For all visa types, unless otherwise stipulated by legislation or international treaties of Germany, the following documents are to be submitted:
1) Passport that should meet the following requirements:
2) Valid flight reservation (no flight booking)
3) Completed and signed Visa Application form (you will need Acrobat Reader to view or print these forms). To obtain on the websites of diplomatic missions or Embassies in your country.
4) Up to two biometric photos
5) Valid health insurance with coverage of at least 30,000 EUR or equivalent in other currency and Repatriation in case of illness. When multi-entry visa is requested, availability of health insurance valid for the first intended visit to Germany shall be considered.
6) Proof of the sufficient financial means for the intended period of stay and return to the country of origin, or transit to a third country, or the possibility to legally obtain sufficient financial means on the territory of Germany.
7) Payment of consular fee, unless otherwise stipulated by legislation or international treaties of Germany.
8) Documents related to the purpose of entry must be submitted for visas. Upon request, the Franco-German Youth Office can issue you an official invitation letter for this purpose. Please contact: OFAJ-DFJW-YouthForPeace@labconcepts.de
The Franco-German Youth Office (FGYO) is an international organization working for Franco-German cooperation, which has enabled nearly 9 million young people from France and Germany to participate in 320,000 exchange programs since 1963.