The French-German-Youth-Office (FGYO) takes great care to keep your data safe and secure. To do so, the FGYO undertakes to abide by the regulations on personal data and electronic communications, and in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR), the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz – BDSG) and the French Act No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Information Technology, Data Files and Civil Liberties (the "Data Protection" Act).
Below you will find information about the data we collect when you visit our website, which is visible at https://www.fgyo.org, https://www.ofaj.org and https://www.dfjw.org, and how we use that data.
1. Full name and address of the controller and of the data protection officer.
The FGYO / OFAJ / DFJW, which is located at:
- 51 rue de l’Amiral Mouchez, 75013 Paris,
Tel: +33 (0)1 40 78 18 18
- Molkenmarkt 1, 10179 Berlin,
Tel: +49 (0)30 288 75 70 0
is a data controller within the meaning of Article 4-7 of the GDPR.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at our head office postal address, marked "for the attention of the Data Protection Officer".
2. Information on the collection and storage of personal data, and the purposes for which it is used:
The FGYO, as data controller, is led to collect and process your personal data.
By "personal data", we mean all of the information about you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, IP address and behavior.
The data we collect is limited to the information necessary to achieve these purposes and the information required for technical reasons.
(a) Login information
When you simply visit our website without registering or entering any information about yourself, we collect only the personal data sent to us by your web browser. During your visit to our website, we collect the following data, which is necessary for secure, stable access to our website (legal basis: GDPR Article 6, subparagraph 1, first phrase, point (f)):
- IP address
- Date and time of the query
- Time zone
- Content of the query
- Access status / Http access code
- Volume of data transferred
- Website from which the query originated
- Browser and operating system
- Browser language and version
- Name of the file viewed
- Viewing status
- Source website URL
- Internet Service Provider
The FGYO cannot assign the data to a specific person and does not collate information from this and other sources of information.
When you visit our website, we also install cookies on your hard drive.
For further information, please refer to point 5 below.
(b) Subscribing to our newsletter
When you subscribe to our mailing list and/or newsletter, you are required to give us your e-mail address. This address will be used solely for that purpose. When you submit a subscription request and your subscription is confirmed, we record the IP address and the time of the request, as proof of your subscription if there is any doubt.
This data is collected and processed in compliance with GDPR Article 6, subparagraph 1, first phrase, point (a).
You may unsubscribe at any time by e-mailing us at the address email@example.com or by clicking the link provided for the purpose at the bottom of our newsletter.
(c) Contacting our services by e-mail or through a contact form
When you contact us by e-mail or through the contact forms provided on our website, we record the data you give us (your e-mail address and possibly your name and phone number, etc.) so that we can meet your request. The collection and processing of your data is covered by GDPR Article 6, subparagraph 1, first phrase, point (a).
When certain items of information are essential for us to be able to process your request, the corresponding fields in the contact form are marked with an asterisk. If you decline to provide the information requested, we will not be able to satisfy your request.
The data you submit will be erased when we no longer need to keep it, unless we are required by law to retain your data for longer, in which case we will erase it once we are no longer bound by this obligation.
(d) Transmission to third parties:
The data collected on the website is intended for the FGYO and its partners, if you have consented to this. It may also be transmitted to partners and to the companies or organizations that may work under contract to the FGYO to deliver its services.
3. Data subjects' rights
Under the applicable regulations, data subjects whose personal data has been processed by the FGYO acknowledge that they have been informed of their rights. Accordingly you have:
- a right of access and a right to rectification that entitle you to have your personal data altered, supplemented or updated;
- a right of erasure with respect to inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous or outdated data, or data whose collection, use, disclosure or storage is prohibited;
- a right to object to the processing of your data on legitimate grounds;
- a right to object, without grounds, to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes;
- a right to issue guidance on what is to be done with your personal data after your death;
- a right to data portability in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- a right to restriction of processing under the terms and conditions set out in Article 18 of EU Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016;
- a right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (in particular in the Member State of his or her habitual residence; in France, this is the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés – the CNIL).
When processing is subject to your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
To provide specific instructions regarding post-mortem privacy or exercise the above-mentioned rights, data subjects should contact the data controller by sending:
- Either an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or a letter by mail to the following address: FGYO, For the attention of the Data Protection Officer, 51 rue de l’Amiral Mouchez, 75013 Paris.
In accordance with the regulations in force, your request must be signed and accompanied by photocopied personal ID showing your signature; it must also state your address for return correspondence.
As data subject, you also have a right to complain to the national data protection authority. To do so, you may, in principle, approach either the supervisory authority for your place of residence or the supervisory authority for the location of our headquarters.
4. Integration of third-party services and content
On our website, we may make available third-party content such as YouTube videos, maps by Google Maps, RSS feeds or graphs. For online users to access these services and content, the third-party providers of these online services (the "third-party provider") must have their IP address. It follows that, unless these third-party providers know your IP address, they cannot send the content in question to your browser. Accordingly, the IP address must be provided for you to access the content. On our website, we endeavor to offer only content from third-party providers that collect your IP address for the sole purpose of publishing content. However, we have no means of preventing a third-party service provider from recording your IP address for statistical purposes, for example. Whenever we are aware of such practices, we strive to ensure that our website visitors are informed of the fact.
In exceptional circumstances only, your IP address will be transmitted in full to a Google server in the USA, then truncated there. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity for its publisher and provide other services related to the website's activity and Internet usage. Google will not attempt to match your IP address transmitted for Google Analytics and any other data held by Google.
You can prevent the information collected by the cookie in relation to your use of the website (including your IP address) from being transmitted to Google and analyzed by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=fr
Google Analytics data security and confidentiality, available here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=fr
Please be aware that, when you visit our website, cookies may be installed automatically on your browser.
Cookies are "information stored in the terminal equipment", and installed by a website on a user's device. Installing a "cookie" is akin to sticking a "label" on the online user's device.
If this label contains a unique identifier, the website can use this identifier to distinguish one online user from another, and so recognize the user on subsequent visits. It serves primarily as an identifier and cannot be run as code, nor carry a virus.
The purpose of cookies is to make your visit to our website smoother and more user-friendly.
This website uses the following cookies:
- temporary session cookies, which are erased as soon as you leave your browser or the website;
- permanent cookies, which remain on your device until they expire at the end of their lifetime or until you delete them with the help of your browser features.
The information collected by the FGYO-installed cookies listed below undergo processing designed to:
- facilitate connections to our website. The sole purpose of this processing is to make browsing our web pages easier, and the personal data in the cookies is not transferred by the FGYO to third parties;
- measure and analyze website audience and traffic, and your browsing on our website, mainly for the purposes of improving our services.
Any information collected by these cookies is kept only for the duration of use of the services offered by the FGYO website and, in any event, for a period not exceeding 13 months.
Configuring cookies on different browsers:
If you would like to block cookies, your browser gives you the means to do so: you can decline to receive or save new cookies. However, if you configure your browser to automatically block cookies, you will no longer be able to use certain features of the FGYO website.
You can also configure your browser to allow or disallow cookies, on a case by case basis, prior to their installation. You can also set your browser to regularly clear the cookies from your device. Don't forget to configure all of the browsers on your different devices (tablets, smartphones and computers).
Because each browser is configured differently, you will find below the main websites offering help with configuring your browser:
- for Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/internet-explor...
- for Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safar...
- for Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=...
- for Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.htm...
You can usually control which cookies, if any, are stored on your device. At any time and at no cost, you can enter, or change, your preferences through the choices available in your browser software.
6. Data security and e-mail communication
The FGYO uses all of the technical and organizational resources necessary to safeguard your data, in particular by preventing third-party access to your data.
We cannot, however, guarantee optimal security for your data when you communicate with us by e-mail. Accordingly, if you have confidential data to communicate to us, we recommend that you send it by mail.
The employees and service providers under contract to the FGYO are bound by a duty of confidentiality and an obligation to comply with data privacy regulations.
On our website, we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology with the highest level of encryption possible on our browser. As a general rule, your browser will allow 256-bit encryption.
To know which pages of our website are encrypted, simply look for the padlock symbol in your browser's status bar (in the bottom section).
7. Updates and changes to this legal notice about personal data
This legal notice was last updated in May 2018.
Updates to our website and changes in the data privacy regulations may subsequently prompt us to change this legal notice. The latest version is available for consultation and printing on our website page at the following address: https://www.fgyo.org/data-protection-and-privacy